Mexican Egg Bake
Soft flour tortillas serve as the crust for this spicy egg casserole. It's a great weekend breakfast or easy weeknight dinner.PRINT RECIPE
- 6 Azteca® Flour Tortillas
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles, drained
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded Cheddar & Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper strips
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 (10 oz.) can mild enchilada sauce
- 1/4 cup of onions
Remove tortillas from refrigerator. Heat oven to 350° F. Grease 13″x9″ baking dish. Place tortillas in bottom of pan, overlapping edges of tortillas. In large bowl, beat eggs & milk until well blended. Stir in shredded cheese, red pepper & green chiles. Pour egg mixture over tortillas. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan sauté mushrooms, onion and green pepper strips in oil until tender. Add enchilada sauce; heat thoroughly. Serve over egg bake.
Makes 8-10 servings.