Grilled Cheesy Chorizo QuesadillasPRINT RECIPE
- 6 Azteca® flour tortillas
- 8 oz chorizo or mild Italian sausage
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup Chihuahua cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- ½ cup Queso Fresco or sour cream
Prepare filling in a medium skillet cook meat, onion, and garlic until meat is brown and onion is tender; drain fat. Pat meat mixture with paper towel to remove as much fat as possible. Stir in jalapeno pepper; set aside.
Brush cooking oil on one side of tortillas, place 3 tortillas, oil sides down, on a large baking sheet.
Place chorizo filling, Chihuahua cheese and cilantro on each tortilla.
Top with the remaining tortillas, oil side facing up. Place quesadillas directly on rack of an uncovered grill. Grill over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until filling is heated through and tortillas start to brown, turning halfway through grilling.
To serve cut quesadillas into wedges and serve with Queso Fresco.