Chicken Tinga TostadasPRINT RECIPE
- 1 box Azteca® Salad Shells
- 1 pound chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 5 Roma tomatoes, chopped with seeds and skin
- 1 can refried beans
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 4 medium white onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons canned puree chipotles
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Romaine lettuce, shredded
- Queso Fresco, crumbled, for serving
- Sour cream, for serving
Sauté onion in oil over medium heat, add the sugar and caramelize the onions. Add chipotle paste, sauté; add chopped tomatoes and cook until sauce is thickened. Stir in oregano, cilantro and chicken; season with salt and pepper, stir to combine.
For tostados: Place salad shells flat on a cookie sheet and bake 8-10 min. Remove from oven and set aside to cool down. Assemble by layering beans, chicken mixtures, lettuce, Queso Fresco cheese and sour cream.
Substitute shredded pork, beef or any other ingredient you prefer. Save extra time by using store-bought rotisserie chicken.