Chicken Egg RollsPRINT RECIPE
- 1 package Azteca® salad shells
- ½ pound skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small red pepper, cut into strips
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- ¼ pound fresh bean sprouts, rinsed & drained (optional)
- 1½ teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 egg combines with 1 tablespoon water
Preheat oven 400°
Heat oil in a large skillet and thoroughly cook chicken; add pepper & onion, cook 5 minutes. Reduce heat, add sprouts and soy sauce.
Combine cornstarch and 1 tablespoon water, stir into chicken mixture.
Heat 5 minutes over low heat, remove and cool 10-15 minutes. Divide filling in four and place in the center of each unbaked shell. Fold both sides of shell over filling; fold bottom half of shell up and top half over to close. Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush entire top and sides of each roll with egg. Bake 12-14 minutes until golden brown.