Eggplant and Tortilla ParmigianaPRINT RECIPE
- 5 ounces ricotta cheese
- 1 Ranch® Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix
- 3 eggs
- 2 large eggplants, sliced into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 package Azteca No Preservative Tortillas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 4 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Brush two baking sheets with one tablespoon of the oil.
Arrange the eggplant slices in a single layer on each baking sheet and bake about 20 minutes or until the eggplant is fork tender. Remove the eggplant from the oven and let cool slightly. In a bowl, combine the ricotta cheese together with the seasoning mix, and eggs, and stir until well blended.
Brush a baking dish with olive oil. Layer half the eggplant in the dish and half tortillas and spread with half of the ricotta mixture. Sprinkle half the bread crumbs over the ricotta. Repeat with the remaining eggplant and ricotta mixture. Pour the tomato sauce over the ricotta and top with the mozzarella and remaining bread crumbs. Bake until the cheese has browned and is bubbly about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve immediately.