Best Chicken TaquitosPRINT RECIPE
- 2 boxes Azteca® salad shells
- 2 cups precooked rotisserie chicken
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 can (4 ounce) mild green chilies, chopped
- 8 ounce Monterey Jack cheese, grated
Preheat your oven to 400°. Shred rotisserie chicken, measure out 2 cups; set aside.
Heat olive oil and butter over medium heat until melted. Add garlic and cook until brown and fragrant. Discard the garlic, add chopped onion, salt and pepper. Cook onions, stirring frequently, until translucent, about 6 minutes. Add chopped chilies and mix to combine.
Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay shells flat, sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of cheese approximately ? of shredded chicken and onions, follow with another tablespoon of shredded cheese. Press down gently to help the filling adhere to the shell. Roll the tortilla tightly from one side to another, sealing in the filling. Place, seam-side down, on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining shells, placing taquitos about ½ inch apart from one another. Brush the tops of the taquitos lightly with olive oil.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly golden brown all over. Serve immediately.