Southwest Egg and Steak BurritosPRINT RECIPE
- 1 package Azteca® flour tortillas
- 1 cup leftover cooked steak, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 4 button mushrooms, diced finely
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, torn into smaller pieces
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese (or cheddar)
- salt & pepper, to taste
In large skillet, melt butter; add onions, peppers and mushrooms. Sauté 5-7 minutes or until vegetables have softened slightly. In large bowl, crack 6 eggs and whisk with milk; add salt and pepper. Pour eggs into skillet with vegetables. Carefully and gently stir eggs to scramble on medium low heat for 7-10 minutes. When eggs are almost completely cooked, add in tomato.
To assemble, take a flour tortilla and in the middle place some steak pieces, scrambled eggs and top with grated cheese. Roll burrito style (tuck in ends) and roll in foil. Continue this process until all burritos are filled and wrapped. Place in warm oven for 10 minutes or until you are ready to eat.