Skinny Red Pepper and Ricotta ToastiesPRINT RECIPE
- 1 package Azteca Soft & Tender Original Thin tortillas, fajita size
- 1 red bell pepper, halved and deveined (or 1 jar of roasted red peppers)
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsps unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup part-skim Ricotta cheese
- Oregano or fresh chives for garnish
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees. Place your halved pepper skin side up on the top rack of your oven. Drizzle with 1 tsp of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Roast until charred. Remove from the oven.
- While the pepper chars, brush butter on each side of the tortilla, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Slice your tortillas in half using a pizza cutter. Place the slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and bake until they’re golden brown (4-6 minutes)
- Add peppers, garlic salt, Parmesan, and a dash of salt and pepper to your blender. Blend in 5 second increments. You want to combine the ingredients, but not puree them.
- Top cooled, buttered tortilla toasties with a layer of ricotta cheese. Add a dollop of the pepper mixture.
- Sprinkle with oregano or fresh chives for garnish.