Mexican LasagnaPRINT RECIPE
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (17 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (15oz) tomato sauce
- 1 package taco seasoning mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 container (16oz) cottage cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 10 Azteca® corn tortillas
- 1 ½ cups cheese blend (Cheddar and Monteray Jack), shredded
Preheat oven to 375?
Coat a 9” by 13” baking dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
Brown ground beef, drain. Add corn, tomato sauce, salsa and taco seasoning; simmer, stirring frequently for 5 minutes.
In a separate bowl, combine eggs, cottage cheese and oregano.
Line the bottom with 5 tortillas, overlapping edges. Top with half of the meat mixture, spoon cottage cheese mixture on top of meat; repeat steps lining tortillas, meat and cheese mixture. Add any remaining meat on top and layer with shredded cheese.
Bake in preheated 375? oven for 30 minutes or until cheese melts and casserole bubbles. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
**Serve with sour cream, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, guacamole and salsa, if desired