Asian Chicken SaladPRINT RECIPE
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil, optional
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 8-ounce package dried Chinese rice noodles
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, rinsed, dried and chopped
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 box Azteca® salad shells
Prepare the dressing 30 minutes ahead of time by combining the brown sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, salad oil, and rice vinegar in a salad dressing carafe.
To prepare noodles, heat a skillet with a few tablespoons of oil. In batches, crack a handful of the uncooked noodles straight into hot pan and fry.
Cook in batches, as noodles will puff up in the skillet. As they begin to puff up, remove and drain onto paper towel. Place cooked noodles in bowl and combine with dressing mixture.
In a large bowl combine the iceberg lettuce, chicken, green onions and toasted sesame seeds. Let chill about 10 minutes.
Prepare Azteca® salad shells per directions.
To serve, combine noodles with chicken mixture and add to salad bowl. Pour additional dressing over top, toss and serve immediately.